September 25 - September 29
The scientific committee and the local organizing committee are honored and happy to announce that the 4th “Metrology for Meteorology and Climate – MMC 2023” international conference will be held in Torino, Italy on 25-29 September 2023.
After the successful MMC events of 2014 in Brdo (Slovenia), 2016 in Madrid (Spain) and 2019 in Chengdu (China), as well as the hybrid webinar “Waiting for MMC” of 2021 in Jezersko (Slovenia), we are going to organize the fourth edition of MMC in Torino (Italy) to get together metrologists, meteorologists and climatologists. Scope of the conference is to discuss and present studies, projects and activities in improving our capabilities to measure and understand Earth meteorology and climate.
The castle and park of Stupinigi, a few minutes from Torino, will host the conference offering a great historical and natural environment. The program will include site and laboratory visits, together with cultural tours for participants and accompanying persons.
NEW!!! CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW OPEN! Send your abstract until 31st May 2023 here
Suggested topics are:
– Traceability and uncertainty.
– Ground based systems. Temperature, humidity and pressure sensors. Wind speed and direction, solar radiation. Quantities of influence and mutual influences. Sensors dynamics.
– Upper air measurements. Aircraft-based measurements.
– Ocean research: metrological traceability to the SI system for the measurement of the key variables temperature (surface and deep sea), salinity, pH, composition and dissolved oxygen content of sea water.
– Water: water vapour, liquid water, ice, hygrometry, soil moisture. Rain and snow gauges.
– Permafrost temperature measurements: instruments, procedures and calibrations.
– Assessment of the historical temperature measurement data with respect to uncertainties on instruments used.
– Thermal metrology for meteorology and climate.
– Chemical metrology for environment and climate.
– Instruments and measurements capabilities, calibration procedures, best practice and regulations.
Satellite events have already been planned, such as the GCOS Surface Reference Network annual meeting and Copernicus and Euramet joint research projects meetings related to the key themes of the conference.
A preliminary time schedule is:
November 2022 Second announcement and details
January-February 2023 Call for papers and abstracts submission open
May 2023 Deadline for abstracts submission
June 2023 Abstract acceptance notification and preliminary program
July 2023 Final program
25-29 September 2023 – MMC2023